Monday, June 20, 2011

Desperately Seeking Rebecca

Went to the spa - to relax. And get a facial. Left very unrelaxed, got an "express" facial - and an overall very bad experience.

Is it too much to expect semi-decent customer service? And should I (the customer) have to pay for the time spent solving a problem? Apparently - the answer is yes to both questions. Not cool.

My rant for the day. Friday - went for a facial. Oasis Spa. I'd booked 10 days early, and asked for Rebecca (as found in the computer as the person who last did my facial). Loved Rebecca. Arrived early - so I could relax. After an hour - Tamara (not Rebecca) came to give me my facial. Tamara was a large German woman who had the bedside manner of Military Bootcamp leader. So - I went to the front to explore the mix up. Simple question - what happened to Rebecca? The girl at the counter asked me to wait while she finished with another customer. This was understandable...until 15 minutes later when she finally turned her attention to me and said I could reschedule; or take what was left of my facial - 45 minutes. REALLY?! Those are my options?! And no apology for the mix-up; or for the fact that technically, I actually just got charged while she kept me waiting.

I won't go on about this further. It could have been addressed so easily - a nice explanation; reasonable options; perhaps assure me that Tamara was wonderful and would be happy to provide excellent service. Rebook with Rebecca at a discount. I would have smiled and told everyone how great Oasis Spas is. Instead, I'm writing this blog. One day - millions will read about it. Ok - at best - I feel better now.

No comments: